It’s time to upgrade how you listen to your tunes while out at sea or on the road. The JVC KD-R85MBS marine CD receiver offers a variety of features for your listening pleasure. You can opt to use the CD slot for your favorite tunes or the handy front USB and AUX inputs. In addition enjoy the benefit of built in Bluetooth and android compatibility giving you plenty of options for your devices.
Outdoor Electronics has to give more than look sharp and provide good sound. It is important for it to be properly built so that it stands up to rough outdoor weather. JVC’s newly designed for 2015 built the KD-85MBS CD marine receiver to withstand the harsh surroundings you come across at sea, with a conformal-coated circuit board that locks out the moisture and protects the unit from the environment. The KD-R85MBS offers plenty of musical sources, useful features, and sufficient sound to break up the noise of the wind and waves.
The leading 1A USB port keeps your smartphone charged while its working. Having your smartphone connected you can use the Drive Change Mode to stream your phones internal memory as one source and control is little microSD card as another. Drive Change enables you to switch from multiple memory cards ina USb multi-card reader or multiple USB thumb drives connected to a USB hub. The KD-R85MPS plays MP3, WMA, and WAV music files be it on a disk or thumb drive.
When using the front USB port for your iPod or iPhone you can gain complete control and quick charging. This JVC’s built-in iPod controls gives access to your playlists automatically. For Pandora or iHeartRadio users, you can control the ‘play’, ‘pause’, ‘thumbs up’, and ‘thumbs down’ from the receivers controls. The 2-way control feature allows you to choose your music using the receiver or phone. If your phone is fitted with Siri Eyes Free Technology, what you can accomplish with Siri can be done through the receiver without touching your phone.
For Android users connect your smartphone via the handy USB port and with the JVC music control app, you get your playlist as well as search stored MP3 music by artist or album. You can also allow the app to analyze your song style and create a playlist that suits your mood.
The KD-R85MBS consists of front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs which are convenient if you plan to expand your system and add outboard amplifiers. You can also add a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (subscription required) and enjoy an abundance of channels including music, news, sports and more no matter how far off shore you are. Optional wired or wireless marine remotes from JVC will give you easier playlist options around your boat.
- marine CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth
- detachable face with single-line display and blue illumination
- inputs: front USB 1A port, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, sub)
- USB 1A connection charges devices quicker
- works with Siri Eyes Free technology
- built-in iPod control; 2-way iPod/iPhone control
- control PANDORA® and iHeart Radio from your iPhone
- MP3/WMA/WAV compatible
- conformal coated circuit board for water resistance
- separated brightness control for LCD and button illumination
- auto dimmer
- low-pass filters
- Easy EQ with 12 presets and 3-band parametric equalizer
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with JVC's optional wired and wireless remotes