New Kicker 40KXM400.4 4-Channel 400 Watts Marine Boat Audio Amplifier
KICKER® takes proven technologies and advanced components to the water with KXM-Series Marine Amplifiers. Based on the critically acclaimed KX-Series Amplifier line for cars and trucks, weather-resistant KXM Amps utilize class-leading features specific for unbelievable sound in the boating environment, and within the most compact chassis for installing in tight locations.
KXM Amplifiers are available in three models: a hybrid five-channel, a four-channel and a two-channel, all supplying high-efficiency Class-D power for the best sound quality and that won’t drain your watercraft’s charging system. Additionally, the subwoofer channel in the unique KXM.5 5-channel utilizes a Class-D power supply for a typical efficiency nearing 80 percent, significantly beyond standard amp power supplies. Class-D designs also allow for a chassis footprint half the size of preceding generations of amps, making installation easier than ever before.
The KXM800.5 Five-Channel Amplifier with Subwoofer Section (100w x 4 full-range Class D, all rated at 2 Ohms, 14.4V) features the extra sub-rattling, 400-watt channel for booming bass in a boat. The KXM400.2 Stereo Amplifier (200w x 2 full-range Class D) offers classic KICKER performance in a new channel platform ideal for powering tower speakers. The KXM400.4 Four-Channel (100w x 4 full-range Class D) provides system flexibility and proven power. KICKER actual amplifier power always exceeds its rated power, as documented inside the product carton.
KXM Amps were built for the outdoors. Power, speaker and input connections are gasket-sealed, as is the control cover hiding the settings, creating a water-resistant barrier to key components. The internal circuit board is sprayed with a moisture-deterring conformal coating for water and dirt resistance. The amplifier’s power connections meet marine-industry standards* for protection against the elements. Stainless-steel mounting hardware prevents rust stains on carpeting and gel coat, and the UV-treated chassis finish battles harsh sunlight.
KXM Amplifiers set the curve for smaller chassis footprints, with the largest model measuring at only 12-3/4 inches long. KICKER amps feature an optimized circuit layout for the most efficient use of components, the smallest footprint and clearest sound quality. All three models use balanced differential inputs, making them compatible with any factory radio and eliminating unwanted noise so listeners enjoy the cleanest, clearest sound possible.
An analog-controlled digital preamplifier provides greater control for dialing in the perfect sound. That includes variable active crossovers, 18 decibels of KickEQ™ bass boost on the KXM.5 sub channel, and the sub channel’s variable subsonic filter. The highest-grade components and surface-mount technology under the high-mass heat sink allow KICKER amps to perform at levels others fail to reach.
KICKER is a member of the American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC), a leader in marine-industry education, and the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), which supports the U.S. recreational boating industry.
- Weather-resistant workhorse power and performance
- Signature compact footprint for space-challenged installs on boats
- High-efficiency, full-range Class-D power in multi-channel and stereo amps
- Class-D boost converter in KXM.5 sub channel provides 80-percent efficiency
- Analog-controlled DSP with variable crossovers and adjustable KickEQ™
- Gasket-sealed power, speaker and input connections
- Gasket-sealed control cover protects amp settings
- Moisture-deterring conformal coating on circuit board for water/dust resistance
- All feature FIT™ (Fail-Safe Integration Technology) to accept output from virtually any source
- FIT’s lab-grade, balanced differential inputs offer best possible noise rejection
- DC offset or 12v remote auto turn-on modes
- Angled custom-tooled power connectors (ABYC compliant)
- Rust-free, stainless-steel hardware
- UV-treated heat sink
- Power (watts/ch), Full-Range Class D 2 Ohm stereo 100 x 4
- Power (watts/ch), Full-Range Class D 4 Ohm brdgd mono 200 x 2
- Class D Subwoofer Power (watts), 2 Ohm mono -
- Remote Bass Control included No
- Length 11-3/16" (284mm)
- Height 2-1/8" (55mm)
- Width 8-5/16" (210mm)
- Frequency Response ± 1dB full range 10-20kHz (KXM.5 sub ch. 10-160Hz)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio >95dB, A-weighted, re: rated power
- Input Sensitivity Low Level: 125mV–5V High Level: 250mV–10V
- Active Crossover (amp1) 24dB/octave, variable 10-500Hz, selectable high pass, low pass or all pass, w/10x switch; (amp2) 24dB/octave, variable high pass 10-500Hz, variable low pass 40-500Hz, selectable high pass, low pass, all pass or band pass, w/10x switch for lo pass; (KXM.5 sub channel) 24dB/octave, variable 40-160Hz low pass only
- KICKEQ™ Boost Variable +18dB, centered @ 40Hz